At Carbeile, we believe the study of history makes a valuable contribution to children’s understanding of all aspects of life giving them a sense of identity and heritage as well as fostering a tolerance and respect for the many value systems, cultures and peoples represented in the past.
We teach history to:
- Fire pupil’s curiosity about the past in Britain and the wider world
- Encourage thinking about how the past influences the present
- Help students develop a chronological framework for their knowledge of significant events and people
- Foster a sense of identity and an increased understanding of pupil’s own position in their own community and the world
- Develop a range of skills and abilities – particularly those related to historical enquiry, inference, interpretation and organisation and communication of historical information.