Our aims in teaching maths are that all children will:
- become numerate and tackle mathematical problems with confidence
- develop the skills which are needed to meet the demands of adult life
- develop the ability to think logically and clearly
- use mathematical language effectively and confidently
- develop positive attitudes to maths, recognising that maths can be both useful and enjoyable
- be able to use and apply the skills in other curricular areas.
The Maths Curriculum:
Maths is a core subject of the National Curriculum. Long term and medium term planning is structured following guidance set out in the New Primary Curriculum.
The planning structure for each year is organised in the planning framework. The structure is the same for each year group.
You will find the following documents useful when looking at the progression in Maths from each year group.