At Carbeile our intent is clear;
- We want children to LEARN through a curriculum that fits our 8 principles of curriculum design:
Creative – we use our imagination.
Aspirational – we aim high.
Rich – we deepen our understanding.
Balanced – all knowledge is valued.
Engaging – learning is exciting.
Inclusive – we are all learners.
Linked – our learning is connected.
Everlasting – we remember.
- We want children to GROW Spiritually, Morally, Socially, Culturally, academically, and personally by instilling our 7 Core Values into all they do.
- We want children to become Resilient, Resourceful, Reflective learners who are able to form outstanding Relationships through the teaching of our 4 key Learning Powers.
- We want children to demonstrate a progression in skills throughout all subjects across the key stage
- Through a firmly established culture of pastoral care, positivity and team work we want adults and children to have a healthy body, a healthy mind and to work happily in a supportive school environment.
All of this is implemented through collaboratively planned, well sequenced activities that result in outstanding teaching and learning experiences. All activities and challenges meet all pupils’ learning needs, irrespective of their ability, background, ethnic origin or gender.
Children are given the opportunity to revisit topics to embed and reuse knowledge and skills acquired as part of the scheme of following a knowledge-rich, expert-led curriculum.
The overall impact of our clear and driven intent, and outstanding implementation is a school full of children who make accelerated progress from their baselined starting points in Year 3 and who ACHIEVE in line or better than the national average across all subjects.
We are positive that with all stakeholders working together: staff, governors, children, parents and the wider community, Carbeile can be an Outstanding school. We have an open door policy at all times and we value all links with parents, as working in partnership will help your child achieve their best.
I am extremely proud to showcase what an amazing school Carbeile is and I love showing off our wonderful children, our committed staff and our exciting school learning environment. So if you would like to see all of this in an everyday practical setting, please make an appointment to come and look around the school.